"Building Software Products: From Strategy to Sales"
Stanford Continuing Studies: BUS 100
Whether your are an entrepreneur, a product manager, or just about anybody who works in a software company; this course will help you learn how to strategize, design, build, market, and sell successful web-based software products and service offerings. With interactive classes composed of discussions, case studies, hands-on tutorials and guest lecturers, we will look at industry best practices throughout the product lifecycle and help answer the following questions:
How do you decide what to build?
How do you continue to innovate by using iterative development and client feedback?
How do you build a business case to sell your idea internally or externally?
How do you market your offering to potential clients?
How do you organize your team as well as your development and requirement processes to create your
What is state-of-the-art for prototyping, user experience design, and web technologies?
How do you organize your sales and advertising efforts and create successful business partnerships?
Check out a few Product Strategy, Product Management, or Product Development slides from my class.
(Also see the description on the Stanford Continuing Studies' website).
Previous Students said:
- "John did an excellent job facilitating discussion and bringing fresh content into the course.
- "The BUS100 experience went beyond my expectations"
- "John did a great job with this class, it was especially valuable to hear from a variety of guest lecturers."
- "... very interactive and encouraging participation all the time"
- "Great Experience!" "very insightful instructor" "Great Class!"
- "Go John Gibbon! Woot Woot!" .